We’re all counting down the days to Thanksgiving. Or, at least I am. And why not? It’s the best holiday in my opinion. Here are just a few things I’m looking forward to.
1. My mom. Because she’s always the #1 reason I’m excited to go home.
2. My dog. Because she’s my fur baby (even though she has hair, not fur) and I love her...
And have been missing her for weeks...
And dreaming about holding her again for the same amount of time...
As I hold my Hogwarts Owl stuffed animal named Olive. It's not the same.
If you're a pet parent/sibling, you know what I'm talking about.
Don't even lie, I know you know.
ISN'T SHE CUTE?
3. My family. Because I miss my relatives and like seeing them all together in one place. Makes for cooler stories and more hilarity.
I'm bringing Cards Against Humanity for my cousins and myself to play, so that should also be a real hoot.
Just hope our parents don't hate us for keeping them up with our laughter or for being terrible people. It's only a game, I swear!
4. Good food. Because let’s be real. Food+Family+Gratefulness=Thanksgiving
5. My own bed. I’m only going to have this briefly since I actually go to my uncle’s for Thanksgiving, but that only makes it more precious.
6. Good Showers. Yes, I’ve put this on a previous list, but good water pressure MATTERS.
7. Car ride. I’m weird. I like riding in the car with my mom and dog. I get to play DJ and it’s more bonding time for the three of us, and that’s the best thing ever.
8. Mockingjay Part 2. Since The Hunger Games (the book; my review) came out, I’ve read 1 book out loud to my cousins each Thanksgiving and we’ve made a family affair of seeing the most recent Hunger Games movie. And this will end that tradition, but hopefully it will go out with a bang. Be on the lookout for my movie review next week.
What are you looking forward to?
I'm a self-published author— because being a college student wasn't hard enough! I write YA multi-genre fiction for young adults or the young at heart. I love This Is Us, NCIS, BBC's Sherlock,
All opinions featured on this blog are mine unless otherwise marked as a sponsored or guest post. All book links are affiliate links.