We may all be counting down the days until Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we won’t miss a few things about college when we (or our friends) are away from campus. Here are a few things I know I’ll miss.
1. My friends because they’ve become extended family to me. And I know that even as I’m in the midst of family bonding, I’ll wonder what my friends are doing and wishing they could be with me too.
2. My independence. While I do love my family and often wish my mom could take care of everything for me, I do really love my independence at college. Being in charge of my own life is super liberating and I wouldn’t give that up for anything.
3. My schedule. As weird as it sounds and as much as I may complain during periods class are in session, having classes gives my week structure that I desperately need. Without it, I’m more inclined to sleep and laze around all day or (on the flip side) will do too much in one day and collapse from exhaustion.
4. Using swipes, points, or WhoCash instead of actual money. It’s so convenient to have one card to enter buildings and pay for things (meals, food, or laundry). You can’t get anything like it anywhere off campus, and that’s a damn shame.
5. Convenience of proximity. Everything you need is nearby, eliminating distance as an excuse not to do things (unless, you know, just don’t want to do stuff and cite that as your excuse anyway).
6. Even Boston is “close,” assuming the shuttles are running on time and have enough space for you. And its free! And we all know as college students that FREE anything is amazing.
7. Wifi EVERYWHERE. I never knew how much I rely on it until I go into Waltham and am stuck with bad cell service. Let me tell you, wifi is life. Yes, you have it at home, but you don't have it outside when you're not on campus. And that is a real loss.
8. My roommate. I saved the best for last. She’s definitely a friend of mine, but also closer to the sister I never had. I’ll definitely miss her like crazy.
What Will You Miss?
I'm a self-published author (because being a college student wasn't hard enough!) and spend most of my time doing homework. I write YA multi-genre fiction for young adults or the young at heart. I love NCIS, BBC's Sherlock,
All opinions featured on this blog are mine unless otherwise marked as a sponsored or guest post from another company or someone other than myself. Note: all Amazon & Apple links are affiliate links.